Autonomous Irrigation System Project
The Autonomous Irrigation System is a Green Roof Team project initiative, driven by the need for an improved irrigation system requiring less human labor to maintain. With the work of mechanical and electrical engineering and computer science undergraduates, we will design an original system with Raspberry PI and Arduino devices to monitor and distribute water with machine learning algorithms. Providing our students with hands-on experience with an emerging technology.
VISION & MISSION
The mission is to…
- Minimize human labor for providing water for the Green Roof.
- Encourage student research projects from across campus.
- Showcase SIU’s culture of innovation.
With this, we strive to achieve our vision of…
“Building a multidisciplinary research laboratory for students across SIU’s campus to focus on their passions through student initiatives.”
- Extend the Green Roof’s life.
- Provide hands-on experience for our team members.
- Implement a working device.
WANT TO HELP OUT?
In case you are interested in collaborating with us or if you have any questions, then you can contact us via The Green Roof Team (email@example.com).